Lasers provide a highly efficient pipe cutting system, meaning that pipes can be cut to size accurately and easily. For industrial and heavy-duty environments where accuracy and speed are everything, nothing can quite compare to laser technology. A laser powered pipe cutting machine is going to be an excellent investment for a business.
What can a pipe cutting system do?
Pipe cutters can be used to trim sections of pipe down to the correct size. They can also cut holes for pipe intersections, weld and mark up materials. They are versatile pieces of machinery than will give you plenty of value for money when you decide to make the investment.
How do pipe cutters work?
Pipe cutting and trimming machines use fibre or plasma technology to cut through materials efficiently and neatly. They might use oxyfuel or Co2 technology in their operation. They will usually be fully automated, so that the processes can be replicated time and again as needed. They can work to different designs and cut various patterns and hole shapes, depending on the design that is presented. It will usually make use of a CAD drawing to feed information into the design and achieve the optimum results.
Why choose this kind of system?
For businesses that make use of laser technology regularly, a pipe cutter is an excellent investment. It may be possible to get a machine that can also be used for cutting other types of materials, such as sheet metal. Engraving may also be possible. Check with the laser manufacturer regarding the machine’s capabilities.
These are some of the reasons why people choose pipe laser cutting systems:
- Accuracy. You can specify a very high level of detail within the design.
- Speed. Laser technology is fast and efficient, without reducing quality.
- Cost. It is cheaper than carrying out manual processes by hand.
- Versatility. The machine can achieve more than you could be hand.
- Flexibility. The laser cutting machine might be useful for other processes as well.
People who are adapting their processes and looking at new ways of working will find the addition of a laser very beneficial. This is because it will help to speed up work and make your team more productive.
Key considerations when investing in a laser cutter
These are the main things you should consider when making such an important purchase:
- Size. Think about the floor space required for the laser machine and choose accordingly.
- Cost. Have a budget in mind. However, also bear in mind that a better pipe cutting system will save you money in the long run.
- Efficiency. This will speed up your processes, so think about how you can use your workforce more efficiently to adapt to the new machine.
- Maintenance. Speak to the laser manufacturer about maintaining and servicing your machine.
Bringing pipe cutting processes in house can speed up processes and reduce costs for your business. It is something worth considering if you are a small to medium size business looking to streamline inefficiencies, processes and production.